Attending a conference for the first (or second) time can feel overwhelming. As a veteran conference teacher, Suzie shares five things that have the potential to enrich your conference experience from the first day and continue after you return home. Those attending this workshop will:
- Confront the need to do it all today to capture your next step.
- Ditch the comparison trap to find common ground.
- Replace intimidation with the power of connection, networking and like-minded community.
- Substitute awkwardness with editors, agents and authors with a confident, appropriate approach.
- Exchange post-conference chaos to create a plan for rejections, acceptances and follow-up.
She Speaks Conference