Do you hunger for the Word of God and long to teach it with authority and excellence?
Is your heart burdened for hurting women?
Is God calling you to a teaching/speaking ministry?
Have you been teaching for years but need a time of renewal and replenishment?
Whether you feel led to speak in a large arena or lead Bible studies in your church, the speaker-focused break-out sessions will equip you with the tools you need to effectively share your message, create a bio sheet, market your ministry, and polish your presentations.
Optional Speaker Coaching Groups:
As part of your She Speaks experience, you have the opportunity, on a first-come-first-serve basis, to sign up to be part of an optional Speaker Coaching Group. These small groups, each headed by an experienced speaker associated with Proverbs 31, will meet twice during the conference. You will be given the opportunity to sign up for this opportunity during the registration process.
You will be asked to come with a five-minute teaching message prepared and will deliver it to the small group during one of the sessions. The leader of the group will offer constructive and encouraging verbal feedback and will lead the peer group through giving their input as well. The group will also spend time brainstorming with you ideas for expanding that short message into a full-length talk. Groups will be formed according to speaking experience: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
If you are envisioning a judge and jury taking notes of every flaw and stamping your head with “reject,” we promise that won’t be the case. What you can expect is a renewed confidence in your calling as well as the tools you need to grow in your speaking. You were inspired to come to this conference because God called you to represent Him through the spoken word. It’s our desire to be encouraging mentors who have walked where you are headed and can show you the way through our experiences.
If you elect to participate in a speaker evaluation group, you will be placed in an evaluation group with 10-12 women within the same experience classification.
Participant Experience Classifications:
Please indicate your experience classification during the registration process.
- Have limited speaking experience
- Have never attended a conference for speakers
- Desire to learn the basics of speaking
- Have attended at least one speaker training conference
- Have between two – four years of consistent speaking experience
- Have at least two messages recorded in front of a live audience
- Desire to sharpen speaking skills for ministry
- Confident that God has called you to speak
- Have attended at least two or more speaker training conferences
- Have at least four years of consistent speaking experience
- Have at least five messages recorded in front of a live audience
- Have a current bio sheet
- Confirmed calling with established and active speaking ministry
Remember, these evaluations are only meant to help and encourage you in your speaking ministry!
To put your mind and heart further at ease, allow us to share with you what to expect. You will be giving one five-minute presentation. This presentation should be written before you come to the conference.
Your message will be one where you teach from a favorite passage in the Bible. Your presentation will be timed and you will be asked to stop at five minutes. We’d like for you to dress as though you are speaking at an event. A Proverbs 31 Ministries Speaker Team Member will offer verbal feedback and lead the group in providing input as well. Here are the seven areas to make sure you consider:
Introduction: How well did you open? Did it capture the attention of the audience?
Message: How well did you develop your subject? (Example: with story or knowledge of subject)
Support Material: Your use of support, such as Scripture, quotes, references, etc. Did you read from the Bible, a book, etc?
Style: How well is your use of grammar, volume and ability to speak clearly?
Conclusion: Did you build to a climax, end strong, and get your point across?
Delivery: Did you make eye contact, connect with the audience, and show passion about your subject?
Physical Appearance: Were you dressed professionally and appropriately? Were you sincere, believable, warm, and effective, etc?
Helpful Guidelines for Your Presentations:
1. Make sure your presentation is the correct length in order to accommodate the entire group.
2. Content must be based on a meaningful passage of Scripture since we will evaluate each speaker’s ability to teach the Word of God.
3. Make sure your message is Biblically based and includes Scripture and application.
4. You may use visual aids if they add to your message. Let your personality come through! Please make sure they don’t distract from your message.
5. If this is your first presentation, we recommend that you practice with friends and family in order for you to gain confidence and improve your presentation style.
6. Share what is unique to your life instead of something that you have heard or thought was clever. Remember – you are the only one that has “your story!”
7. Have fun! You will always remember the time you spend with your group and will continue to support each other long after the conference ends. Many women tell us that this “bonding” is one of the best things about this conference!
Our contact information is below should you have any questions about the speaker evaluation groups.
We look forward to meeting you and being blessed by each of your stories!
In His Grace,
Director of Speakers’ Track
Speaker Coaching Group Coordinator
Speaker Coaching Group Coordinator